Serves: 1 • Time: 15 minutes
Made with fresh oregano, soft Manchego, bright red onion, and tumaca sauce from the Spain Box, this grilled cheese is bursting with fresh Spanish flavor.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 oz. manchego cheese, shredded
- 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Red Onion Slices
- 1½ Tbsp. El Navarrico tumaca sauce
- Fresh oregano leaves
1. In a skillet over moderate-high heat, add the butter. Arrange the bread in the skillet and top one of the slices with both cheeses, red onion, tumaca sauce, and oregano. Using a spatula, cover the topping with the other slice of bread, butter-side up.
2. Cook, pressing the sandwich into the skillet with a spatula, until the bread is golden brown and the cheese starts to melt, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes more. To serve, transfer to a plate, cut in half across the diagonal, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.