This soba noodle soup is perfect for anytime of year—it’s light enough for summer, but warm and hearty enough for fall.
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 6 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1½ tsp. House Foods ginger paste
- 1½ cups chicken stock
- ½ head bok choy
- 2 oz. Akagi soba noodles
- Soy sauce, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate-high heat. Add the mushrooms, scallions, garlic, and ginger paste. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the bok choy and cook 4 minutes, then add the soba noodles and cook to al dente, about 4 minutes more.
3. Season with soy sauce, then garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve.