Serves: 4 as an appetizer • Time: 45 minutes
Curing raw bay scallops in citrus makes for a delicate and remarkably fresh start to the meal. House Foods ginger paste, reminiscent of sashimi and sushi condiments, lends a bright note to the dish.
- ½ lb. raw bay scallops, quartered
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. ginger paste
- 1½ tsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Bread, sliced and toasted, for serving
In a non-reactive glass bowl, toss all the ingredients except the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate. Serve chilled with toasted bread.