It’s a little-known fact that grapefruit reaches its peak maturity during the holiday season – most grapefruit harvests begin in December, and this is typically when grapefruits are at their freshest. So what better way to ring in the December holidays by mixing up a sweet and savory grapefruit rosemary cocktail? Today we’ve brought you a recipe that will have the guests at your holiday party never wanting to leave.
Serves: 1 | Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of sugar
- 6 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 4 ounces of grapefruit juice
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, dissolve the sugar into the water for about 5 minutes. Do not let the mixture boil, or crystals will form.
- In a heat safe container, pour the warm sugar water mixture over the rosemary sprigs, and let it steep for at least 1 hour.
- In a tall glass filled with ice, combine the vodka, 1/2 ounce of the rosemary simple syrup, and the grapefruit juice.
- Garnish with a rosemary sprig and serve.