Serves: 2 as an appetizer • Time: 30 minutes
Healthy and fresh, this quinoa salad makes for an excellent lunch or dinner side. Pairing quinoa with vegetables, herbs, and queso fresco creates a great salad that can be enjoyed, guilt-free.
- One 5.32 oz. package Inti mixed quinoa [shopify embed_type=”product” shop=”try-the-world.myshopify.com” product_handle=”mixed-quinoa” show=”button-only”]
- ¼ avocado, diced
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. pitted and quartered black olives
- 2 Tbsp. golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. chopped mint
- 2 tsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. Acetomodena pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Laurie & Pujalt pink Andean salt
- In a large saucepan, bring the quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Strain and rinse the quinoa under cold water, then transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toss the quinoa with the avocado, cherry tomatoes, black olives, raisins, queso fresco, parsley, chives, mint, 2 tsp. grapeseed oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic. Season with salt and serve.