Serves: 4 • Time: 30 minutes
Using the Jasberry rice from the Thailand Box, this traditional Thai soup takes on a distinct dark-purple hue. Brightly flavored with lime juice, the taste stands in stark contrast to the color.
- 7 cups chicken stock
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Juice of 2 limes, plus additional slices for serving
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ½. tsp. black pepper
- ½ lb. ground pork
- 1 cup Jasberry rice
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
1. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken stock, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, and both peppers. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
2. Roll the ground pork into teaspoon-sized balls. Carefully drop them into the stock and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice and simmer until the rice is cooked al dente, about 10 minutes.
3. Distribute the soup into 4 serving bowls, garnish with cilantro and green onions, and serve with additional lime wedges on the side.