Serves: 2 • Time: 15 minutes
Rich and thick pasta ribbons, acidic sun-dried tomatoes, and flavorful pesto? We love everything about this easy pasta dish. Just be sure to save some starchy cooking water before draining the pasta to help the sauce adhere to the pasta and thicken.
- One 7.1 oz. La Pasta di Aldo egg pappardelle
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- One 3.17 oz. jar Cascina San Cassiano pesto sauce
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pappardelle until al dente, about 6 minutes. Reserve ½ cup pasta water and drain the rest.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes and cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pesto sauce, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the pasta to the pesto mixture and toss to coat evenly, then add the pasta water little by little to thicken the sauce. Distribute the pasta into 2 bowls and serve.