In South Africa, a braai is a picnic or a barbecue where meats are grilled over an open fire. And nothing says “braai” more than traditional South African peri peri sauce, made from crushed chilies and spices. Gather your family and treat them to this spicy, crispy, flame-grilled dish with our recipe that incorporates ingredients from this month’s South Africa box!
Serves: 4 | Time: 35 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of peri peri sauce
- Season the chicken breasts with salt to taste. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the peri peri sauce and close the bag. Rub the bag to coat the chicken with the sauce, then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and drain out the excess sauce.
- Cook chicken on the grill for about 30 minutes, or until the skin is slightly charred and the juices run clear. Serve.