Serves 4 | Time 1.5 hours
Pronounced kef-teh-dez, this Greek meatballs recipe may become your next go-to meal! Enjoy them with a side of tzatziki as a great appetizer, or serve with rice and vegetables for a lovely dinner.
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- ½ red onion, grated
- ½ large tomato, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¾ cup flour
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Handful of mint
- Red pepper-feta paste
- In a bowl, combine ground lamb, red onion, tomato, mint, and salt and pepper, to taste. Hand-mix to combine until homogeneous, then add milk until absorbed. Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Season flour with salt and pepper and spread onto large plate. Set out an empty, large plate next to the flour plate. Roll the meat mixture into small balls, and roll in flour.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet and saute meatballs without overcrowding. Cook over medium heat until all sides are brown and the keftedes are cooked through.
- Remove and drain on paper towels. Garnish with salt and pepper, and serve with a side of red pepper and feta paste or tzatziki!