Serves: 4 as an appetizer • Time: 45 minutes
A tapa recipe so good that you’ll be tempted to turn it into a main, this dish is layered with heavy doses of paprika and garlic. Serve it with crusty bread to soak up the leftover juices.
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. Champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup minced parsley
1. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the ½ cup olive oil, paprika, garlic cloves, baking soda, and salt. Cover and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. In a large, wide-brimmed skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over high heat. Add the shrimp and sauté, stirring constantly, until just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the vinegar and parsley and toss, then transfer to a serving plate.