We know, we know – everybody hated brussels sprouts as a kid. Good thing we know better now, and there are so many delicious brussels sprouts recipes to choose from! Here, we show you how Chef Sean MacDonald uses some products from this month's box to fry them up Canada-style. It’s an easy but sophisticated choice for your next family dinner.
Serves: 4 | Time: 25 minutes
- Canola oil
- 3 cups of brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tbsp. of turmeric mustard
- 1/2 cup of crumbled goat feta
- garlic salt
- chili flakes
- Preheat a deep fryer or a pot of canola oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bottom nubs off of the brussels sprouts, then halve them vertically. Set aside.
- In a small pot, combine the honey, white wine vinegar, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Remove the pot from heat and stir in the turmeric mustard. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the brussels sprouts in the fryer and cook for about two minutes (until they are crispy on the outside and cooked in the center).
- Place the brussels sprouts into a bowl and toss them with the sweet mustard sauce. Season with salt.
- To finish, place the brussels sprouts on a plate and garnish with the goat feta. Sprinkle with garlic salt and chili flakes, then serve while hot.