Rich and deeply flavored, this dish is really something special. Don’t be wary about the mix of spice, chocolate, and candy though! The soft chicken is enriched by the thick sauce, while the mazapan helps to bring all the flavors together. Get a Mexico Box today to access all the ingredients.
Serves: 2 | Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 jar Mole Poblano
- ¼ disk Mexican Chocolate
- 3 cups of chicken stock, or water
- Rice, cooked
- Pinto beans, cooked
- Mazapan, crushed, for garnish
- In a small pot, poach chicken in 2 cups chicken stock for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from liquid and cut into pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, simmer 1 cup chicken stock with the Mexican hot chocolate and entire jar of Mole Poblano.
- Add chicken to mole mixture and simmer for 5 minutes, to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve alongside cooked rice and beans.