In this simple but delicious showcase of the canned codfish from the Portugal Box, George Mendes creates appetizer toasts using just a few ingredients. Feel free to replace the codfish with another variety—the codfish recipe works well with just about any type of canned fish.
- Olivais do Sul extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 slices of baguette
- One 2.4 oz. can Briosa Gourmet codfish in olive oil
- Hands on Earth sea salt and lemon
- Parlsey, chopped, for garnish
- Paladin piri piri hot sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Drizzle the olive oil over the baguette slices, then toast in the oven for 7 minutes.
3. Distribute the codfish onto each slice of bread. To serve, sprinkle with the sea salt, add a few drops of piri piri sauce, and garnish with chopped parsley.