Makes: 12 custards • Time: 1 hour 15 minutes, plus 3 hours chilling
Hillary Reeves creatively combines Chiwadi’s coconut flower syrup and Virgin Coco’s crispy coconut rolls (both from the Thailand Box) to create simple, satisfying custards. Make sure to plan on making these in advance, as they require 3 hours chilling time in the refrigerator.
- One 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- One 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 tsp. Chiwadi coconut flower syrup
- 6 Virgin Coco coconut crispy rolls, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk, coconut milk, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a jar or measuring cup with a spout.
3. Prepare a muffin tin with 12 wells on top of a larger roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with water until the water comes halfway up the sides of the muffin tin.
4. Distribute the coconut flower syrup followed by the egg mixture into each muffin well. Put the entire roasting pan in the oven and bake until a toothpick inserted into the custard comes out clean, about 1 hour.
5. Remove the custards from the oven and let cool, then refrigerate for about 3 hours to chill. To serve, run a knife along the sides of each custard, carefully flip them over onto a large plate or platter to release, and top with the crushed crispy rolls.