Happy Cinco de Mayo! We couldn’t miss out on a delicious margarita to celebrate this famed Mexican holiday. Here, we combine standard margarita ingredients with fizzy tonic and a sweet blueberry jelly from France.
Cinco de Mayo (“Fifth of May”) commemorates the Mexican Army’s victory over French forces on May 5, 1862 in Pueblo – a town just outside Mexico City.
Serves: 2 | Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. blueberry jelly with wild thyme
- 1 tsp. bitters
- 4 ounces tequila
- 3/4 cup tonic
- A squeeze of lime, for garnish
- Fresh blueberries, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine and shake jelly, bitters, and tequila until well combined.
- Pour into two glasses filled with ice, and then fill glasses with tonic.
- Squeeze lime into each and then garnish with fresh blueberries.