Makes: 24 truffles • Time: 25 minutes, plus 30 minutes cooling
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. Monama Brazilian nuts spread (or butter)
- Chocolate sprinkles, crushed nuts, cocoa powder, or crumbled Santa Helena paçoquita, for topping
1. In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the condensed milk, cocoa powder, and nuts spread. Stir until the mixture thickens, 10 to 15 minutes (do not burn the sugars). Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. Using a spoon or melon baller, scoop the mixture into small balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and shape into spheres using your hands. Roll the balls into the toppings.