Gummy tapioca pearls add wonderful texture to these simple matcha ice pops. Make a batch ahead of time for an easy summertime dessert.
- 1 cup uncooked black tapioca pearls
- 1 Tbsp. honey (optional)
- 4 Tbsp. blueberry matcha tea powder
- One 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
1. Cook the tapioca pearls according to package instructions. Drain and combine with honey in a small bowl, then chill in the refrigerator.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the matcha tea powder with 2 Tbsp. hot water until well combined and free of any lumps. Add the coconut milk and whisk to combine.
3. Fill 8 popsicle molds with the matcha mixture ¼ of the way up. Distribute the tapioca pearls into each mold, then fill with the rest of the matcha mixture. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours and 30 minutes.