Serves: 4-6 | Time: 15 minutes (+ optional infusing time)
- 5 blood oranges
- 2 750mL bottles of Tempranillo or red wine of your choice
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. orange blossom jam
- 12-16oz of two+ seasonal fruit of your choice (raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pears, etc.)
- 1/2 cup sugar (for rim)
- mint for garnish (optional)
- Zest 1 blood orange and combine zest with sugar in a small bowl. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- Juice 3 blood oranges and slice the remaining oranges into pieces.
- Combine orange blossom jam and brandy in a shaker. Shake vigorously until jam is dispersed evenly and there are no clumps.
- Combine wine, brandy and orange blossom concoction, blood orange juice, club soda, apple slices, seasonal fruit, and blood orange slices (leaving aside one or two for rimming the glasses) in a large pitcher, stirring well. (This mixture improves with time as the liquid infuses into the fruit, so if you can, make it ahead and store it in the fridge for a couple of hours, or even overnight.)
- Run a blood orange slice around the rim of each glass. Pour the orange sugar on a plate and dunk each glass into the sugar, coating the rim well.
- Fill each glass with a few ice cubes and pour the liquid mixture in the glass. Be sure that there are fruit pieces in each glass. Garnish with mint if desired and serve.