Stuffed apricots are a classic Turkish dessert. These are stuffed with crushed walnuts and brown sugar, but you can just as easily use crushed pistachios and/or clotted cream.
- 1 cup Kurme dried apricots
- ⅓ cup water – if needed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- For the filling:
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts into small pieces
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water for baking
1 tsp. rose water
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- If they are very hard, soak the dried apricots in warm water for 10 minutes. then drain. If they are already soft enough to split open, skip this step.
- Combine the crushed walnuts and brown sugar in a small bowl.
- Split open the apricots with a small knife, making sure one end is still intact.
- Stuff each apricot with a teaspoonful of crushed walnut and brown sugar mixture and press it closed.
- Grease a baking tray with olive oil or butter and place the stuffed dried apricots on it.
- Place a tiny dab of butter on the top of the each stuffed apricot.
- Combine the water and rosewater, spoon mixture generously over the apricots.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the apricots and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Arrange them in a serving dish and serve.