While the mere sight of eggs may signify breakfast, eggs are a great source of protein, even for dinner. This authentic Mexican dish – featuring a fried egg and homemade salsa- is a fun way to enjoy Mexican food, beyond tacos. Pair with more vegetables or cook the eggs in a ways… it’s up to you!
Serves: 2 | Time: 20 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 3 tomatoes, diced and seeded
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 corn tortillas
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Queso fresco, for garnish
- 1 tsp. Epazote
- Snack Sauce & Serrano Negro Salsa (from the Mexico Box!)
- In a skillet over high heat, cook garlic, onion, tomato, Epazote, and salt and pepper for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp. Snack Sauce and 1 tsp. Serrano Negro Salsa
- Cook 2 eggs over easy: heat a small skillet over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. of oil or butter. Gently the eggs and cook until the whites are firm. Flip and cook the opposite side for about 30 seconds.
- Warm 2 corn tortillas in separate pan.
- Plate tortillas and top with salsa mix and an egg.
- Garnish with cilantro and queso fresco.